This is personal research NOT medical advice
If you think you are sick, do:
- Social distancing, wear gloves, mask, clean and disinfect
- Warm your body. Nourishing broths and soups. Drink your beverages hot, not cold. Take long hot baths or showers. Bundle up. Get a good sweat on.
- Thin the body’s fluids, and keep the exit doors open. Constipation may slow your recovery because the majority of the lymphatic system is located in the gut. When the gut is backed up, the bad stuff can’t get out.
- You’ll need to sweat it out, poop it out, pee it out, cough it up. (rah rah rah!) Doctors in China report that they consider the patient coughing up cloudy phlegm to be an early sign of recovery.
- Relax and open the lungs.
Foods and beverages best to avoid:
- Dehydrating foods like alcohol (some say caffeine and carbonated beverages) Phlegm-producing and inflammatory foods like sugar and gluten (some would say dairy)
- Eating between meals is discouraged in order to give the digestive system a rest.
If you’re short of breath
- Sit in front of a fan
- Get warm, damp air. Breathing the steam from a shower or breathing over a warm cup of tea may help in these cases
- Drink a cup of coffee
If you have chest pain
- Drink a cup of turmeric tea
- Drink a cup of ginger tea
Garlic is very hot for the body and, therefore, helps reduce the body temperature. Whilst it may leave you with a bad breath, it will help clear the chest and lungs. Garlic also has anti-inflammation properties to help treat pneumonia.
Make a paste of a few cloves of garlic and rub it on your feet before going to bed. Put on your socks and go to sleep. Blend milk and water in the ratio 1:4 and blend 1½ teaspoons of garlic paste. Boil till it reduces to ¼. Have this drink 3 times a day; continue consuming it till you feel better. You can also have it in the form of sweet and sour chutney. Crush some cloves of garlic, and mix 1 teaspoon of lemon and 1 teaspoon of honey to it, then stir well. Have a teaspoon, at least, 4 times every day.
Baking soda helps remove toxins from the body. Mix ¼ tsp of baking soda to 300ml of warm water and drink two times in a day.