Secret Personal Information Bank: Bill 8 added new offence provisions to MFIPPA
It is an offence to willfully maintain a personal information bank that contravenes MFFIPA [subsection 48(1(b)]. To intentionally maintain a secret personal information bank that is not described and made public as required by section 34.
Please also see: https://www.ontario.ca/
document/freedom-information- and-privacy-manual/offences- and-liability
MFIPPA SECTION 34 mandates the ownship of South Glengarry to prepare and make available descriptions of The Township’s records and personal information banks. These descriptions are intended for use by the public to determine the information generally maintained by The Township.
MFIPPA SECTION 58 imposes a duty to investigate and report
MFIPPA mandates that The IPC commissioner is responsible for five overlapping and integrated activities:
1) reviewing government decisions concerning the dissemination of information;
2) investigating public complaints of use and disclosure of personal information;
3) reviewing government administrative and records management practices;
4) conducting research and giving advice on issues related to access and privacy;
5) educating the public concerning privacy and access issues.
MFIPPA SECTION 59 details the Powers and duties of Commissioner
The IPC has a duty to the Legislature, and to us TAXPAYERS to investigate, report and STOP these offences.
Instead, they ignore South Glengarry Township Council’s multiple MFIPPA offences and support their secret personal information bank!
Please help me fight City Hall sign my petition (no donation, no name displayed).
Please don’t support South Glengarry Township Council’s multiple MFIPPA offences and support their secret personal information bank!